Abandoned Project

Lima

Abandoned Project

Postby Lima » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:37 am

Hi there. I've been watching through the forum and not once in months have we seen any Dev Activity.
Infact the last activity from the devs was on May 6th on the forum, and May 19th on Twitter. We are now closer to 3 months later and I am sad to say this but this project is clearly abandoned.

Enjoy Motorsport Manager. I was looking forward to this one with the different component variants of Front Wings you could develop etc but unfortunately this is a dream not to come true today.

On another note, Racing Manager 2014 is available for $0.99 (£0.69) on Steam.
iGPManager is about to release a major overhaul to their game to greatly improve the designing, supplying, and characters of the game. Looking forward to Jack's overhauls.

Red Wyrm

Re: Abandoned Project

Postby Red Wyrm » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:04 am

Sadly, I have come to the same conclusion. I just keep clinging on to hope that I'm wrong...

On another note, are you saying that Racing Manager 2014 is actually worth playing? Nearly every review for the game says it's awful for a variety of reasons. I mean, a buck isn't much to throw away even if it is bad, but is it better than the reviews make it out to be?

RogueMonkey

Postby RogueMonkey » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:47 pm

I played Pole Position which was so awful I haven't even bothered with Racing Manager 2014 which is by the same developer, the reviews don't make me think that will be any better.

It's does look like RTS is dead doesn't it, shame as it looked like it would be amazing and had stuff I preferred to MM, that said MM looks better than anything released this millennium for racing/F1 manager fans so looks good enough for me, for now.

On another note, perhaps if MM has multiplayer, I haven't checked so not sure, us disappointed RTS hopefuls should have an online game sometime!

Red Wyrm

Postby Red Wyrm » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:21 pm

As of right now, Motorsport Manager does not have multiplayer. We can only hope it gets added at some point.

As for Racing Manager 2014, I decided to pick it up since it was only a dollar. It takes a while to figure out what everything does and where to go for everything, but once you do, it isn't terrible. Granted, Race Team Simulator looked like it was going to be better in every possible way, but if it's dead, then I have no choice for the next month or so. Once Motorsport Manager comes out, I'll probably never touch Racing Manager 2014 again. If Race Team Simulator ever gets some life breathed into it, then I'll probably drop Motorsport Manager and play this.

Sigh...

Developers, please wake up and smell the burning need for this game...

sidkumar

Postby sidkumar » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:56 pm

they have done this before, From Dec to Feb. i dont think the project is dead. i feel they are busy on getting the next track ready.

Red Wyrm

Postby Red Wyrm » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:45 pm

sidkumar wrote:they have done this before, From Dec to Feb. i dont think the project is dead. i feel they are busy on getting the next track ready.

That doesn't make it right. If I can take two minutes to check the forum and site for news, they can take five minutes to log in and reassure is that they still exist.

sidkumar

Postby sidkumar » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:33 pm

fair point. cant argue with that

De Gladde Viking

Postby De Gladde Viking » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:04 am

An absolute shame, this really could have been great.

Maybe something came up to the devs, happened to the devs... Still, maybe they can pick it up in a few weeks time and reply. Who knows, someone might be able to take over and finish the game?

Fader

Postby Fader » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:12 pm

De Gladde Viking wrote:An absolute shame, this really could have been great.

Maybe something came up to the devs, happened to the devs... Still, maybe they can pick it up in a few weeks time and reply. Who knows, someone might be able to take over and finish the game?

Sega bought them out? or if it was just one man project maybe they took him to work with them? i cannot think another way this is anyway normal from any game dev.

Lima

Postby Lima » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:13 am

If they plan on continuing the project, they'll be having to work their arses off to show to the playerbase they actually care about this now. Lack of communication isn't only very bad for the game's popularity, but also it shows the un-professionalism of their team, which will greatly impact the creativity of their game and future games.

Return to “Race Team Simulator Discussion”