Rival game-good for community

Tig_green

Re: Rival game-good for community

Postby Tig_green » Sun May 22, 2016 10:07 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcTjfdC2jd4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xac5WdHdaaY

It's a lot more detailed than the mobile version. It's not just a conversion to pc, but a totally new game that is published by Sega and building on the good stuff that were in mobile version.

Tig_green

Postby Tig_green » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:12 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR-elAceSGQ

Pretty good preview of upcoming Motorsport Manager for PC.

I just pre-ordered it because it looks well done and best there is atm. At least we can count on SEGA to release this on in time.

Still, I strongly believe there is room for Race Team Simulator also if it's still alive. As you can see from the MM video preview it's not quite as hardcore as RTS was set to be. It will be fun for sure and it's not too simple, but RTS should fill the gap for those who desire also more hardcore simulation.

RogueMonkey

Postby RogueMonkey » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:20 am

Tig_green wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR-elAceSGQ

Pretty good preview of upcoming Motorsport Manager for PC.

I just pre-ordered it because it looks well done and best there is atm. At least we can count on SEGA to release this on in time.

Still, I strongly believe there is room for Race Team Simulator also if it's still alive. As you can see from the MM video preview it's not quite as hardcore as RTS was set to be. It will be fun for sure and it's not too simple, but RTS should fill the gap for those who desire also more hardcore simulation.

It looks very good and like you say the best there is at the moment so I will be getting it too. That said I'm not a fan of telling the driver how to warm up his brakes and tyres, the driver should work this out not the manager, and the fixing of detiriating parts because of poor reliability in pitstops seems a bit rubbish to me, how often do teams actually fix stuff on the car for any reason other than crash damage? I certainly can't remember a team deciding to fix a front wing mid race because the part the fitted at the start couldn't last the distance.

Despite these points it still looks like a fun game and due to at the moment no other alternatives it seems I will be getting it on launch day.

Red Wyrm

Postby Red Wyrm » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:19 pm

Same here.

Lima

Postby Lima » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:02 pm

MM is on the Steam Sale and its release date is November now

RogueMonkey

Postby RogueMonkey » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:12 pm

Lima wrote:MM is on the Steam Sale and its release date is November now

So it is, although their website still says September 2016?

Bit cheeky putting it up for pre purchase then later the same week pushing it back 2 months, if that is what they have done!

Now, if only there was a competitor game ready to step in and fill that space in the market......

Tig_green

Postby Tig_green » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:42 am

Official site still says September and there haven't been any official announcement that it's pushed back.

Promotional offers can many times run even post release. Promotional offer was first until 14th of September. I think that revealed release date before it was officially announced so they changed it to not reveal release date just yet. But I believe it's 14/9.

I3LaZE

Postby I3LaZE » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:42 pm

Motorsport Manager looks kinda casual. Not the level of complexity I was looking for to be honest (only 9 driver attributes? Really? If someone would wake me up in the middle of the night I could name immediately at least 20 or more of attributes that would increase the complexity, depth and would have impact on the game). Maybe in the next few years and next editions it will reach the level of Football Manager, which btw, started to be casualized.

SuicidalMushroom

Postby SuicidalMushroom » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:45 pm

I personally don't give a shit about Motorsport Manager. A ported game from tablet/mobile. Not going to be as good this game if you ask me ;) I dont need "fancy" graphics. MM looks arcade compared to RTS ;)

Red Wyrm

Postby Red Wyrm » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:42 am

I think we all agree that this game was shaping up to be the more realistic simulator of the two and Motorsport Manager is the prettier of the two.

But you're forgetting the most crucial difference between the two games: Motorsport Manager is coming out this year.

I'll support the hell out of Race Team Simulator if it ever releases, but in the meantime, I'll take the only worthwhile alternative...

Return to “Race Team Simulator Discussion”