Rival game-good for community

Tig_green

Rival game-good for community

Postby Tig_green » Wed May 18, 2016 2:57 pm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... ascinating

Check this out. Great news. Motosport manager was a quality mobile game and Sega is of course known publisher (also with manager games!) I hope this rivalry raises quality of upcoming manager games even higher. There is room for both.

Full game should be out already on September. Very positive news considering everything is usually taking so long nowadays.

Lets see if race team simulator can step up the game!

Tig_green

Re: Rival game-good for community

Postby Tig_green » Wed May 18, 2016 3:07 pm

I3LaZE

Postby I3LaZE » Wed May 18, 2016 3:44 pm

Yeah, this game looks quite interesting, but it is kinda surprising that they don't have any F1 licenses yet, and looking at the colors of teams, names, nationalities of drivers, it's quite obvious that they inspire it all on F1, also the calendar, tracks, etc.

Anyway, I am mainly interested with Race Team Simulator and will most likely stick to it. Looks more promising to me.

Tig_green

Postby Tig_green » Wed May 18, 2016 7:56 pm

I'm also impressed by the demo. But it's only demo showing really small part of the game, a good start for sure, but we are dying to get more.

This new game gets nice coverage:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... e-revealed

I hope this motivates developers of this game even more.

I3LaZE

Postby I3LaZE » Wed May 18, 2016 8:49 pm

There is too big focus on graphics for my taste. I think that it will affect how much time they will spend on making it more realistic and hard, as it should be. To be honest, it looks too colorful and dull for me. It seems to me that the gameplay will be quite shallow and simple. Obviously, if they will take the direction of the Football Manager serie, it will be much more promising and great, but, if the profile of a driver is closed within one screen, it is certainly not this direction.

astd

Postby astd » Thu May 19, 2016 10:16 am

I am very interested to see which of these two games comes out the most to my liking. Sega are obviously a massive company and have experience in manager games with the likes of Football Manager series, which ultimately is what I'm after in a racing (F1) manager game. Anyone who's played the original Motorsport Manager game on mobile will know its a fantastic little game and hopefully the full blown game won't disappoint.

Race Team Simulator on the other hand, from what we have played of the two demos, and the dedication the devs are putting in to make sure they make the best game possible is also extremely promising and the racing simulation is, in my opinion, going to very hard to beat by any rival. Motorsport Manager looks a lot more polished, but we all know that counts for nothing if the actual game is dire.

Both games can be great, with neither one being better than the other. My only hope is that with the emergence of a rival, that the devs on RTS don't rush to try and get their game out first, and therefore release a sub standard product. But I'm sure that won't happen.

The future of this much forgotten genre of games looks very bright indeed.

Curglobe

Postby Curglobe » Thu May 19, 2016 4:46 pm

I will be getting both, RaceTeam and Motorsport Manager. It looks like a good future for f1-management games!

I3LaZE

Postby I3LaZE » Thu May 19, 2016 9:06 pm

Curglobe wrote:It looks like a good future for f1-management games!

Yet, none of those games want to claim that they are a f1-management games. :)

RogueMonkey

Postby RogueMonkey » Fri May 20, 2016 3:28 pm

Looks like another promising game which can only be good for us, if they both live up to the promise I will definitely get both, and at least if one doesn't there is also a fall back. Another good thing for us is each game will likely give the other ideas and drive each other forwards.

Red Wyrm

Postby Red Wyrm » Sun May 22, 2016 12:14 am

I've played Motorsport Manager on my phone and it kept me entertained for all of maybe a week. Hopefully the PC release has a lot more meat on its bones, otherwise I'll pass on it. Race Team Simulator has WAY more data available and if it delivers on everything it aims to include, it'll be the only game I need. Still, it is good to have competition in a genre that's been effectively dead for many years.

Return to “Race Team Simulator Discussion”