2016 F1 Qualifying Changes

SliderUK

2016 F1 Qualifying Changes

Postby SliderUK » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:10 am

Whats everyones thoughts of the changes to qualifiying?

Personally I didn't think they needed to change anything.

More info here if you don't know what the changes are

https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/latest/headlines/2016/2/f1-set-for-new-elimination-style-qualifying-format.html

The Sim Racer

Re: 2016 F1 Qualifying Changes

Postby The Sim Racer » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:53 pm

I agree with you! There was no real need to change anything. There are more important things to fix...
It is so ridiculous, two weeks before the first GP nobody knows what qualifying system they will use.

Yesterday they came up with a "new idea" - Only Q1 and Q2 will use elimination system and Q3 as normal, so even more confusing for casual viewers...

F1 is a bit of a mess at the moment in my opinion...
Sim Racing, F1 News, and a lot more at The Sim Racer's channel!
https://www.youtube.com/c/The-sim-racer

Tig_green

Postby Tig_green » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:07 am

I think the best qualifying format might have been when everybody had just one lap in qualifying. I think this new system wouldn't change the grid order as much as they think. It's just too random which isn't good. One lap format was better because then mistakes cost you, but in the new suggested system also random things like traffic can affect drivers.

I would like to see 2 races in a weekend, second one with reversed grid for top 10. Also points for pole position.

SliderUK

Postby SliderUK » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:50 am

Everyone watch qualifying? Thoughts?

Omg what a load of *****
I think they thought it would be like a computer game in terms of time running out and the big "game over" sign coming on screen and the ending music lol

They really should go back to the last years system because I didn't think there was anything wrong with it.

If they wanted to spice things up on saturday, do a reverse grid sprint race or something after qualifying. Call it the Sprint Cup with some prize money at the end of the season.

Red Wyrm

Postby Red Wyrm » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:19 am

Only one word to describe the qualifying situation in Formula 1 currently:

CLUSTERF*#%.

Return to “General Motorsport Chat”